This year some of my New Years' Resolutions for piano lessons will be:
Incorporating site-reading "games" into lessons and even combining lessons for students with classes next to each other.
- Incorporating a Hanon "contest" for the students, with a reward for those who have mastered the most Hanons per quarter, based on ability.
- Making sure that each of my students truly understand the minor keys and their relationship with the major keys (Lesson 18 of Chord Piano Is Fun!.)
- Have each student write a song in a minor key to perform at recital (Lessons 25 of Chord Piano Is Fun.)
- Planning another performance for the retirement center.
- Planning more "outings" to watch a piano performance.
- Making "piano dates" with my other piano teacher friends in the area to talk about new ideas, what works, what doesn't, etc.
- Connect with more piano teachers and their blogs and on facebook and twitter...what a great way to resource!
Would love comments on other ideas piano teachers might have for this new year!